Sony has revealed that you get Warhawk free with the Starhawk online network pass. This classic PSOne game was released in 1995, and now works with the latest PS3 exclusive.
All you have to do is redeem the pass found on the back of the Starhawk manual. The game will then pop up on your download list.
Warhawk director Dylan Jobe has posted about the upcoming v1.2 patch for the game on the official PlayStation Blog. Slated for release in December, the patch will offer updated gameplay featuring including new map layouts.
“We have found that while a lot of players like playing the really large games, there was a pretty big segment that was playing smaller games,” he wrote. The five new layouts for existing maps will be tailored for matches between four and eight players. They are Eucadia: High City, Island Outpost: Standoff, The Badlands: South City, Destroyed Capitol: Garden Showdown, and Archipelago: Close Corridors.
DualShock 3 rumble support will also be added through the patch. It will also let players purchase game-related content using the game’s internal interface instead of going back to the PS3 XMB PlayStation Store.
A v1.1 update will be made later this month that will offer fixes to gameplay, as well as implement Arbiters.
Newsweek’s N’Gai Croal carries confirmation from Sony that a cheaper edition of Warhawk will be retailing sometime later this month. The company will offer a $39.99 version of the game, the same price point as offered on the PlayStation Store, which does not include the Bluetooth headset offered in the $59.99 bundle.
According to this GameStop listing, the game-only version is set to hit stores on October 10.
PSU carries word that Warhawk, which will be released today, will require about 800MB space on the PS3 hard drive to play. This has been done to reduce loading time.
They also report that this affects either version of the game. Warhawk is being released digitally on the PlayStation Network, as well as on Blu-ray.
Publisher: Sony Computer Entertainment America Inc. (SCEA)
Developer: Incognito Entertainment
The long-awaited remake to the PlayStation® hit takes flight on the PLAYSTATION®3 system. In Warhawk, players experience the thrill of white-knuckle aerial combat with hundreds of enemy fighters, bone-crunching armored assaults and high-intensity infantry combat in a massive, all-out war fought both on the ground and in the skies.
During gameplay, players are tasked with protecting their homeland from the invading Chernovan armada. By doing so, players take command of the most advanced war machine in the fleet, the Warhawk, capable of aerobatic dogfights at high speeds or hovering over ground troops providing tactical support. Players continue the battle on foot with an arsenal of weaponry including pistols, rifles, grenades and more. Furthermore, players can gain access to an array of ground vehicles and lay waste with powerful weapons mounted on jeeps, tanks and specialty transports.
The stunning graphics and power of PLAYSTATION 3 set the stage for a truly unique Warhawk universe filled with hundreds of on-screen vehicles and troops, floating battleships, cruisers and carriers, captivating landscapes, destructible cities, and vibrantly detailed environments for both off- and online gameplay.
- Pilot the most advanced Fighter in the Fleet – Fly or hover to engage in intense dogfights with hundreds of fighters, massive flying battleships and enemy ground forces.
- Fight on Foot, in Ground Vehicles, or in the Sky – Next-gen multimodal design throws players into a deep gameplay experience. Fight in the war as a foot soldier, vehicle driver or ace pilot-whenever you want.
- An Epic Level of Ambient Warfare – Players must defend their land and accomplish missions within a massive, fully interactive battlefield of Eucadian and Chernovan forces.
- Discover a Vast and Unique World – Hundreds of square miles of high-resolution terrain filled with a brave new world where old and new technologies merge.
- An Epic Storyline of Heroism – Charismatic characters and powerful armies clash in a gripping saga of discovery and survival.
- Experience an Expansive Online Community – Players can join in epic multi-modal 32-person online battles, constantly evolving with downloadable content and a variety of online game modes.