Rainbow Six: Vegas Maps for PC
The maps released for the Xbox 360 version of Rainbow Six: Vegas are now available for the PC version of the game. All the maps from the Red and Black packs can be found in the map pack which weighs in at 655 MB. Download it from FileFront, FileShack and Gamer’s Hell.
Vegas Gets Camera Support
Utilizing the power of the Xbox Live Vision Camera will be Ubisoft’s Rainbow Six: Vegas, which will use the add-on camera to let players put his/her own face on their character within the game. This will be carried out in two steps: a head-on photo and a profile photo must be taken with the camera; once this process is complete, players will be able to further customize their characters.
Rainbow Six: Vegas is set for release on Xbox 360 this November. Further details on the game inside.
Rainbow Six Vegas Details, Screens
The first official information and screenshots for Rainbow Six: Vegas have been released finally. Scheduled for release this Fall for the PS3 and Xbox 360, Vegas has players taking to the streets of “Sin City” as an escalating terrorist siege starts to bring things down. Below is the big bulleted list for you to go through:
- Ubisoft Montreal Returns – Rainbow Six is back in the hands of Ubisoft’s Montreal studio, creators of the award-winning and highly acclaimed Rainbow Six 3 on Xbox® and PC, promising traditional tactical gameplay.
- New Leader, New Team – Team Rainbow ushers in a new breed of heroes. With a new team, comes added responsibility. Tactics play a MAJOR role in your team’s success, as each member comes equipped with his own skill set.
- Logan Keller – Team leader and recon expert.
- Michael Walter – Heavy weapons and demolition expert.
- Jung Park – Long range and electronics specialist.
- Special Order Location – Experience a new level of squad-based realism as your teammates, Michael and Jung, offer you real-time tactical suggestions like busting through walls or hacking computers, all in a race against time to locate the heart of the terrorist cell.
- Observe – Plan – Assault – Use tactical planning to maneuver through multiple-path Vegas environments while utilizing high-tech equipment such as snake cams to strategically “tag” terrorist targets to your teammates, prior to entering a room.
- Real-Time Immersion – Prepare yourself for a new level of in-game immersion with real-time mission briefings, all in the midst of the most intense combat ever played.
- Advanced Gameplay Animations – Motion-captured assault and recon techniques such as fast roping, rappelling, window entry, blind-cover fire and more. All captured by an experienced Hollywood animation expert.
- Next-Generation Artificial Intelligence – Next-generation technology brings a higher level of artificial intelligence to Rainbow Six. As you get past the grunts and advance closer to the center of the terrorist cell, encounter deadlier, more skilled enemies who work together as a group to counter every move you make.
- Customizable Multiplayer Experience – Create your own multiplayer character that evolves as you play online, while unlocking new equipment and achievements as you go.
A PC version is also in the works by the same team, but it will have its own specific design and gameplay, though it will share the same settings and story. Further details on the PC version will be released later. Enjoy the high quality screenshots below.
Rainbow Six: Vegas Announced, Screens
Already revealed through 1Up, Ubisoft has officially announced Rainbow Six: Vegas for PC, next-generation and current-generation consoles.
The stakes are high when the world’s most elite counter-terrorism unit enters Las Vegas, where over 36.7 million men, women and children visit each year. “Sin City,” the home of the famous Las Vegas Strip, flashy hotels, high-rolling casinos and world-famous celebrities, becomes the setting for a terrorist threat of global proportions. What happens when one of the world’s most famous cities is held hostage by terrorists?
Set for release this Autumn, and in development at Ubi’s Montreal studio, Vegas will push the boundaries of graphics, artificial intelligence, physics and animation. The game is being worked on by Senior Producer Chadi Lebbos who was the lead on Rainbow Six 3.
On Worthplaying are high-resolution screenshots from the title; they also have concept art.
Rainbow Six: Vegas Unveiled by EGM
Affirming suspicions that the countdown on Ubi’s Rainbow Six website is indeed that of an announcement of a next-gen Rainbow Six title, 1Up put up a teaser of their own: the April issue of EGM reveals Rainbow Six: Vegas, the first next-gen game in the series.
The April issue will offer full details of the game, along with screenshots. They have put up a screenshot on their site, although no platform was mentioned for it.