The referral program for The Lord of the Rings Online: Shadows of Angmar is now live, offering subscribers of the MMORPG the opportunity to refer friends to the game and earn credits for free game time.
The latest update for Dungeons & Dragons Online: Stormreach has been released free for all current subscribers. Dubbed “Evil Resurgent”, the update features six new dungeon experiences for advanced players in the game; here’s the scoop:
- Parthilcar Tower Crypt – Mirra heard a noise in her basement. When she sent her brother to check it out, he discovered several mindflayers lurking in the crypt. The mindflayers have been secretly taking several members of each of the major houses of Stormreach and turning them into voidminds. The mindflayers are preparing to release their voidmind house members to take over the great houses of Stormreach from within, unless they are destroyed.
- From Beyond the Grave – Deathshadow is long in the ground, but his evil lives on. Through dark magics and sheer force of will, the necromancer haunts the convict cemetery called Penitent’s Rest, and is now summoning forth an army of the undead. With a legion of walking corpses and ethereal horrors at his command, he intends to break out from his pauper’s grave and invade Delera’s Graveyard, the resting place of Stormreach’s prosperous and elite. The players must meet his forces head-on in a fight to the death…again!
- Spire of Validus – The Spire of Validus was buried under the earth. The lich buried there used his magic to cause his tomb to grow like a beanstalk, causing it to burst forth and rise high into the sky. Players must journey to the top of the tower to discover that the lich has awakened, and defeat him.
- Whisperdoom – When Splinterskull fell, Whisperdoom found herself with a very large new lair. However, a group of ogre magi came upon Whisperdoom and captured her. They have taken her to a new lair, and have begun to imbue her with magical abilities, with the hopes of creating an army of magic wielding spawn of Whisperdoom to do their bidding.
- Haywire’s Grotto – Haywire has struck a deal with a tribe of duergar: they allow him to live in their caves and provide him with materials, and he makes golems. Things were going well for Haywire, until he became convinced that he should start replacing his body parts with those of a warforged. The Marut discovered this, and Haywire is again stuck, this time inside a panic room he fortunately had built, but who knows how long he’ll last against the combined might of the Marut, the golems, and the now quite upset Duergar.
- Gate of Nightmares – Long ago when the Dal Quor invaded Xen’drik, they built many temples that were attuned to the Plane of Dreams, and served as conduits for their soldiers. The Cult of Madness has found one of these temples, and has managed to alter its attunement to be aligned with Xoriat. Several of the smaller portals have been reopened, and the central gateway is not far from becoming fully operational.
The fourth content module for Dungeons & Dragons Online: Stormreach has been released free to all subscribers of the MMORPG. Dubbed Stormreach Under Siege, the module features five new dungeons that unveil new threats to the city from dark forces including the Cult of Madness, the Dwarves of Ironroot and a tribe of Troglodytes.
From Turbine, Midway and Codemasters comes word that The Lord of the Rings Online: Shadows of Angmar has officially entered beta in North America, with the pre-beta launching in Europe. Interested participants can enter the beta program by clicking here; the beta is by invitation only and over time more and more players will join the fray. According to Turbine CEO, Jeffrey Anderson, the beta already has nearly 200,000 players registered and will be one of the “largest beta communities” in the industry.
Turbine announced that The Lord of the Rings Online: Shadows of Angmar has entered the alpha phase of development. The company also announced that over 125,000 have signed up for the Beta program. In response to increasing demand, the studio is expanding the beta program, letting in more tens of thousands of people into the program in the coming months.
Based off the literary works of J.R.R. Tolkien, and inspired by the Peter Jackson film trilogy, Shadows of Angmar lets players explore the world of Middle-earth, defending the lands from the Dark Lord Sauron.
The second content module for Dungeons & Dragons Online: Stormreach, dubbed Twilight Forge, has been released. Second in a series of upcoming modules, Twilight Forge introduces a new story consisting of a series of adventures concluding with an “epic” encounter against the Warforged Titan.
Twilight Forge also offers other new features, including the introduction of the drow as another playable race, content for players of all levels, enhanced grouping tools, in-game mail system, and more.
The module is free of charge to all current DDO subscribers.
A playable version of The Lord of the Rings Online: Shadows of Angmar, the only MMORPG based on the works of J.R.R. Tolkien, will be present at E3. Turbine will be hosting the event at its booth (#2900, West Hall).
The studio will also begin the registration process for its beta program for LOTRO and offer a playable version of the Weathertop experience in its booth.
Turbine has announced the release of the first content module for Dungeons and Dragons Online: Stormreach. Dubbed the “Dragon’s Vault” module, it is the first in a series of modules planned for release by the company, offering new content free of charge to all subscribers.
The Dragon’s Vault module features 15 compelling dungeons that provide a variety of additional content for advanced players in the game, including surprises around every corner that will challenge the most jaded adventurer. The Dragon’s Vault is the first in a series of planned modules that will provide new content and features for DUNGEONS & DRAGONS ONLINE. Turbine plans to release additional modules over time that will include new content, features, and other improvements to the hit MMOG.
The first module for Dungeons & Dragons Online: Stormreach was announced today by Turbine. Scheduled for release this April, the module, dubbed “The Dragon’s Vault,” will provide players the opportunity to battle the dangerous Valut of Night that is protected by a red dragon. Further details below:
The Dragon’s Vault module contains 15 compelling dungeons and a new large-scale raid feature focusing on a vicious red dragon. The new dungeons provide a variety of additional content for players of all levels in the game. Turbine announced today that the Dragon’s Vault module will be free of charge for all current DDO subscribers as a way to say “thank you” to all of its fans. Turbine also declared its plans to release additional modules over time that include new content, features, and other improvements to the hit MMOG.
The module is the first in a series of planned modules for the only D&D MMORPG.
Both Turbine and Codemasters have announced that the latter will publish Lord of the Rings Online: Shadows of Angmar in Europe. Codemasters will be responsible for the distribution, hosting, community management, technical support and billing for the title when it launches in the first quarter of this year.