EA has announced yet another expansion pack for The Sims 2, its record-selling franchise. Dubbed Bon Voyage, the expansion will allow players to have their Sims go on vacations to exotic places and take part in all new activities.
Whether your Sims are relaxing on a lush tropical island in a luxury suite, camping with the family on a pristine mountaintop, or exploring the culture of the Far East, they’ll enjoy new activities to relax and rejuvenate. From building sand castles and catching rays to meditating in the Zen garden after a visit to the pool, players can quickly transform their Sims from bumbling tourists to savvy international travelers. Sims will also learn new customs including local greetings and traditional dances to take home and teach to their friends. With The Sims 2 Bon Voyage, players can send their Sims packing for the trip of a lifetime!
As your Sims travel, they’ll interact and learn from a variety of real and mythical locals including the wise old hermit, fire dancers — even Big Foot! Like all true vacationers, your Sims will be able to decorate their homes with unique souvenirs from their trips that are available only at destinations within The Sims 2 Bon Voyage. They can even buy unique jewelry to wear or take home as gifts! Fall in love with the hula dance lei from your Sims tropical beach vacation? Bring it back and flaunt to the neighbors! Love the moves your Sim mastered doing the Slap Dance at the rustic lodge? Teach fellow Sims the tricks of the trade back at home. What your Sims learn and collect, is up to you!
Bon Voyage will ship this September and will feature three destinations, tours, unique items and more. It will require the full version of The Sims 2 to play.
Milking the cash cow that is “The Sims”, EA has announced yet another expansion pack for the game, which people just don’t seem to get enough of. Dubbed ‘Seasons‘, the expansion will allow players to
ruin run the lives of their Sims, all the while enjoying “spring, summer, autumn and winter”.
The expansion will let Sims wear seasonal clothes, but that’s only the beginning: each season will offer unique benefits, impacting the Sims relationships, mood, skills, careers and more. There will also be seasonal activities such as building snowmen, going snow-skating, taking a dip in the pool, etc. Besides the seasonal changes, the expansion will also add to the Sims’ wardrobe, add new talents and six new careers, along with enhanced visual effects and more.
The Sims 2: Seasons will be out in March 2007 and will require a copy of the base game to run.
To satisfy the musical needs for future owners of The Sims 2: Pets, the billionth expansion pack for the ever-popular game, EA has revealed a roster of more than 25 songs that will be featured in the forthcoming title. Songs from Pussycat Dolls, Flaming Lips and Aly & AJ are present, along with a mashup of others from genres ranging from indie and hip hop to country and pop. All songs have been re-recorded in Simlish.
Below is the full track listing:
- Aly & AJ – Chemicals React – (PC and Console)
- Brazil – Candles Cast Long Shadows – (PC and Console)
- Cowboy Troy – I play Chicken with a Train – (PC and Console)
- Cut Copy – Future – (Console)
- Dena Deadly – Fortuzala – PC and Console
- The Flaming Lips – Free Radicals – (PC and Console)
- Hot Chip – Colours – (Console)
- Hot Chip – So Glad To See You – (Console)
- Isabelle Huang – Hit It – (PC and Console)
- Jessi Malay – Topsy Turvy – (PC and Console)
- Joanna J – Unthinkable – (PC and Console)
- Kristen Dex – Come On Come On – (PC and Console)
- New Amsterdams – Turn Out the Light – (PC and Console)
- Prescott – Dixie Dixie Where Have You Been All My Life – (PC and Console)
- Prescott – Hurt Nobody PC and Console
- Ralph Myerz and The Jack Herren Band – Boombox Breakdown – (Console)
- Saving Jane – Girl Next Door – (PC and Console)
- Skye Sweetnam – Boyhunter – (PC and Console)
- Something for Rockets – I Never Know – (PC and Console)
- Tanaila – Wow Wow Wow – (PC and Console)
- The Films – Black Shoes – (PC and Console)
- The Format – The Compromise – (PC and Console)
- The Netw0rk- Topy Apa Ty – (PC and Console)
- Pussycat Dolls – Don’t Cha – (PC and Console)
- Touchstone – Simpatico – (PC and Console)
- W of P3 – Aff Wubbas Doo – (PC and Console)
The Sims 2: Pets will be barking its way to stores on October 17 on the PS2, Gamecube and PC. Late October and November will see versions for the PSP, GBA and DS; a mobile version is also coming soon.
These titles were shipped during the last week:
- Act of War: High Treason
- Bust-A-Move Deluxe (PSP)
- Commandos Strike Force (PS2, Xbox and PC)
- Emergency 3
- Top Spin 2 (X360, DS and GBA)
- The Sims 2: Nightlife (Mac)
- Major League Baseball 2K6 (PS2 and Xbox)
- Hearts of Iron 2: Doomsday (PC)
- Tourist Trophy (PS2)
And these have gone gold:
- Air Conflicts
- Shadowgrounds (April 25)
- Strategic Command 2 Blitzkrieg
These patches were released on March 22.
- Call of Duty 2 (X360) – available via Xbox Live; offers improved multiplayer performance, configurable host options and more
- The Sims 2: Open for Business – the Official Website
- Tycoon City: New York (Euro) – Atari (patch notes)
- Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines v2.2 – 3D Downloads, 3D Gamers, Boomtown, FileFront, Strategy Informer and Worthplaying