Mad Riders hitting download services on May 30
Ubisoft sent out word that Mad Riders will hit PC, PS3 and Xbox 360 on May 30. The game comes from Dead Island developer Techland.
It will be available for 800 Microsoft points, or $9.99 on PlayStation Network and PC.
The game offers racing and stunts across 45 tracks. You can use boosts, hidden shortcuts, and more. It also features multiplayer for up to 12 players, and has support for leaderboards, and drop-in and out gameplay.
Below is the new trailer. Check it out.
New in-game Dead Island trailer shows off island resort
The first trailer was a bit of a sad affair (and a chronological nightmare), but this new in-game teaser for Dead Island is a more casual affair, taking the scenic route through the island resort of Banoi. More importantly, it’s a teaser of the main E3 trailer, apparently. With E3 in just a few weeks, this makes for a good excuse to get the gears going.
The game is due out later this year on PC, PS3 and Xbox 360.
Dead Island finds publisher, new screenshots
If you haven’t already seen the amazing trailer for Dead Island then stop wasting time and click here. The game will have you on a tropical island fighting for your life in the middle of a zombie outbreak.
Developer Techland was previously making the game without a publisher, but it seems it has finally found a home at Deep Silver. It is in development for PC, PS3 and Xbox 360, and is due out later this year. Enjoy seven new high-resolution screenshots below and don’t forget to check out the trailer.
Amazing Dead Island trailer
Easily the best trailer of the year so far. It is simply amazing.
Dead Island is being made by Techland for PC, PS3 and Xbox 360. It’s going to combine first-person action and role-playing with a clear emphasis on storytelling. Judging by the trailer, the storytelling part is down at least.
Warhound Details, Screenshots
An updated fact sheet was sent out for Warhound, an upcoming open-ended FPS from Techland, offering new details on the game. Set for release sometime next year for PC and Xbox 360, the game will offer full freedom to players and will offer weapons, battlefield tactics and vehicles for the player to peruse. Here’s the deal:
Warhound is an open-ended First-Person Shooter (FPS) set in modern times. In the game, you will play as an ex-Delta Force operative, now working for the world’s largest military contractor. In Warhound, you’ll complete a variety of challenging missions in battlefields around the world, while later uncovering a massive terrorist plot that targets the United States and thousands of its citizens.
Warhound focuses on complete freedom of choice, and as such, you will have unprecedented opportunities to pick your missions, weapons, battlefield tactics and vehicles. You will select mission start times, insertion/extraction points and the types (land, sea or air) of insertion. You will also need to keep on top of your training, finances and position in the highly-competitive mercenary market to ensure you receive only the most select missions. More successful missions equal more money, which can be used to buy new equipment and weapons for future jobs. Warhound’s innovative First Person Perspective (FPP) cover system will allow you to bring the battle to your enemies in ways you’ve never dreamed of before.
More information after the jump. Here are some nice high-resolution screenshots from the game:
Techland has announced Warhound, an upcoming first-person shooter that puts players in the role of a mercenary cleaning up the world of evil. Scoop:
Warhound is an FPP shooter where you make a career of the elite mercenary. When you are not working, you get new licenses and improve. When at work, you take part in the hottest world conflicts
Because you are a Warhound – an elite mercenary on the side of good.
The choice is yours. You’ve got a laptop and a map of the world. Presidents, businessmen, and ordinary people ask you for help where nothing more can be done officially. You choose a mission, then fly, clean and disappear. You get the reward and nobody knows anything.
Will you lead your carrier to reach the top?
- Manage your carrier. SOS messages come from many places. Freely plan you way of a mercenary.
- Develop your skills. Gain the license of an Alpinist to climb harder and harder rocks, learn to operate new vehicles – from jeep to tanks and boats; practice shooting and test weapons on your own firing ground.
- Fight the way you want. Each mission has a number of ways to reach the goal. The number depends on your abilities.
- Go back to where you already fought. Enemies are like weed which revive in uncultivated soil. Many missions can be repeated many times.
- Manage your equipment. Buy better weapons and trade the equipment found on the battleground.
- Use the intelligence service. Buy information that will allow you to learn more about your enemy.
- Specialize. By completing tasks of given type you become a specialist. Build your reputation which will bring you new orders and will open the way to the top of the ranking.
- Support for all modern per-pixel lighting and rendering techniques, including:
- 64-bit color High Dynamic Range rending pipeline
- virtual displacement mapping, multi-bump mapping,
- wide range of post-processing effects (depth-of-field, light blooms, refraction, heat distortion)
- high quality pre-computed lighting with ambient occlusion
- pre-computed shadow masks, omni-projector lights
- High quality Spherical Harmonics Lighting
- Outdoor light scattering simulation
- Dynamic shadows based on global hierarchical shadow-maps using hardware shadow mapping
- High quality character models built from high-poly meshes using normal maps (bump mapping)
- Multi-morphtarget facial mimics
- Accurate simulation and animation of vegetation, fumes and smokes – reaction to wind, moving object, etc.
- Global Physics simulation system including the simulation of:
- rigid body dynamics, clothes, next generation muscle-skeleton ragdoll
- natural phenomena simulation: fire, smoke, liquid, electricity and wind effects,
- objects properties influence with liquids
- surface parameters such as friction
- Effective and easy to use authoring tools
- Real time multi-layer foliage generation
The game is yet to carry a release date.
Call of Juarez Delayed
Besides offering word that Call of Juarez is headed to “a next-generation console” in 2007, Techland announced that the Wild West FPS has also received a delay to the PC version. Improvements are cited as the reason for the delay, with their release stating that optimizations for Windows Vista are being integrated into the game.
The PC version is now expected to be released simultaneously with the console version; Europe’s release date remains the same.
Chrome Sequel Announced
Techland has announced the development of a Chrome sequel, disclosing that a yet-unnamed game based on the latest version of Chrome Engine will be released for the PC and a next-gen platform.
Pawel Marchewka – Techland’s CEO said : “We made a decision to begin production of Chrome sequel early in 2005, however the pre-production really started in the beginning of this year. Now, when Call of Juarez – our currently most important project enters beta phase, part of the team may redirect its work to first stages of Chrome sequel development. For some time now we are experimenting with interesting concepts taken form books, comics and sci-fi movies that at this point were never ported into video games or were ported without success. Basing on the few first elements we prototyped for the next part of Chrome we think it will revolutionize sci-fi games, allowing players to experience brand new content and original gameplay.”
The announcement also stated that the game will feature a single-player campaign as well as multiplayer squad-based play for up to 64 players. No release date for the project was set.
Xpand Rally Xtreme 2 Announced
Techland sends word that it has begun development on the sequel to Xpand Rally Xtreme, their racing title. Additions to the series will include “super-fast” GT vehicles, DTR group buggies, off-road 4×4 cars and Monster Trucks group trucks. It will include 40 tracks, off-road cross-country rides, and more. The game will also offer players the chance to create their own tracks and even game modes.