To satisfy the musical needs for future owners of The Sims 2: Pets, the billionth expansion pack for the ever-popular game, EA has revealed a roster of more than 25 songs that will be featured in the forthcoming title. Songs from Pussycat Dolls, Flaming Lips and Aly & AJ are present, along with a mashup of others from genres ranging from indie and hip hop to country and pop. All songs have been re-recorded in Simlish.
Below is the full track listing:
- Aly & AJ – Chemicals React – (PC and Console)
- Brazil – Candles Cast Long Shadows – (PC and Console)
- Cowboy Troy – I play Chicken with a Train – (PC and Console)
- Cut Copy – Future – (Console)
- Dena Deadly – Fortuzala – PC and Console
- The Flaming Lips – Free Radicals – (PC and Console)
- Hot Chip – Colours – (Console)
- Hot Chip – So Glad To See You – (Console)
- Isabelle Huang – Hit It – (PC and Console)
- Jessi Malay – Topsy Turvy – (PC and Console)
- Joanna J – Unthinkable – (PC and Console)
- Kristen Dex – Come On Come On – (PC and Console)
- New Amsterdams – Turn Out the Light – (PC and Console)
- Prescott – Dixie Dixie Where Have You Been All My Life – (PC and Console)
- Prescott – Hurt Nobody PC and Console
- Ralph Myerz and The Jack Herren Band – Boombox Breakdown – (Console)
- Saving Jane – Girl Next Door – (PC and Console)
- Skye Sweetnam – Boyhunter – (PC and Console)
- Something for Rockets – I Never Know – (PC and Console)
- Tanaila – Wow Wow Wow – (PC and Console)
- The Films – Black Shoes – (PC and Console)
- The Format – The Compromise – (PC and Console)
- The Netw0rk- Topy Apa Ty – (PC and Console)
- Pussycat Dolls – Don’t Cha – (PC and Console)
- Touchstone – Simpatico – (PC and Console)
- W of P3 – Aff Wubbas Doo – (PC and Console)
The Sims 2: Pets will be barking its way to stores on October 17 on the PS2, Gamecube and PC. Late October and November will see versions for the PSP, GBA and DS; a mobile version is also coming soon.
Ubisoft has announced new titles in its Petz series, expanding the franchise to the DS and PC, as well as its home on GBA. Having seen success with the Dogz and Catz series on the GBA and PC, with more than 1.4 million copies sold, the publisher will be releasing the following titles to appeal to people who are too scared of owing real pets:
- Dogz on PC and Nintendo DS (November 2006): This classic game, already a proven brand on PC and GBA, make its debut on Nintendo DS™. Choose your favourite puppy from a large selection of breeds and interact directly with it.
- Dogz Fashion on GBA (September 2006): Dogz Fashion allows players to adopt their own adorable puppy, dress him/her up in all kinds of fashionable outfits and enter him/her to win fashion competitions.
- Catz on PC and Nintendo DS (November 2006): Ubisoft created the first cat-simulation game ever, bewitching PC gamers around the world. Catz is eagerly anticipated by the game’s numerous devotees. It allows players to adopt his/her favorite kitten, interact directly with it and watch it grow.
- Horsez on PC and Nintendo DS (November 2006): A newcomer in the Petz series, Horsez™ is the first game that allows you to care for your very own horse, ensuring he grows into a strong adult horse.
- Hamsterz Life on Nintendo DS (November 2006): Raise several breeds of hamsters and build fully customisable homes for them to grow up in.
The trillionth Sims 2 expansion was announced today, and this time the geniuses at EA came up with the idea of letting players have… pets (finally)! The Sims 2 Pets will let players get their oh-so-lovable Sims pets – be it dogs, cats, guinea pigs or parrots – on PC, PS2, PSP, GBA, DS and Gamecube, with each platform featuring exclusive content.
The addition of a new friend is guaranteed to enrich the daily lives of your Sims! Not only will players have the opportunity to choose from a variety of existing breeds, and hot designer mixes, but they’ll also be able to personally design their new friend with the Create-a-Pet feature. The ability to customise gives fans the opportunity to create their ideal pet by choosing their body shape, unique markings, even their pet’s personalities! With so many different animals to choose from, there’s no telling what unpredictable experiences could occur!
Players will also be able to teach their pet new tricks, take them for a romp in the park, outfit them with new pet accessories and even give them a job! As in real life, your Sims’ pet will require care and training. A neglected cat with an urge to scratch might claw up your new couch if you aren’t careful, and leaving your dog unattended near a freshly planted flower bed probably isn’t wise!
Detailed platform-specific features can be found just after the jump.