Tagged: metroid prime 3
Ninty Release Dates
Nintendo has announced that Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass (DS) will hit stores across Europe on October 19. In related news, the company also announced that the highly anticipated Metroid Prime 3: Corruption (Wii) is also set for release in the region on October 26.
Wii E3 Lineup
And yes, Nintendo did offer its Wii E3 lineup:
- Wii Sports
- The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
- Metroid Prime 3: Corruption
- Super Mario Galaxy
- Excite Truck
- WarioWare: Smooth Moves
- Tony Hawk’s Downhill Jam, Marvel: Ultimate Alliance and Call of Duty 3 from Activision
- Sonic and Super Monkey Ball games from SEGA
- DRAGON QUEST SWORDS: The Masked Queen and the Tower of Mirrors and CODENAME: FINAL FANTASY CRYSTAL CHRONICLES: Crystal Bearers from SQUARE ENIX
- Madden NFL from Electronic Arts
- Rayman Raving Rabbids and Red Steel from Ubisoft
- SpongeBob SquarePants title from THQ
Nintendo also announced that Wii titles are in development at Atari, BVG, Eidos, Konami, Majesco, Midway, Namco, SNK and many other publishers.
Metroid Prime 3: Corruption Announced
AND A METROID PRIME SEQUEL FOR THE WII! Suddenly the Wii is looking like a console worth purchasing.
Launch Date: TBA
ESRB: RP (Rating Pending)
Game Type: First-Person Adventure
Accessories: Wii Remote and Nunchuk Controller
If you think you knew what it felt like to be the bounty hunter behind the visor, think again. Take aim at evil with Nintendo’s revolutionary controller.
- Players control Samus by moving with the Nunchuk controller and aiming with the pointer, allowing for a level of immersion unlike anything they have ever experienced. Through the eyes of Samus, players experience a quantum leap in first-person control as they wield the Wii Remote, the ultimate device for the firstperson shooter genre.
- Samus will employ well-known power-ups like the Grapple Beam and Morph Ball, as well as a bunch of new surprises, to help her survive her coming trials.
Game storyline: The Galactic Federation’s Base Sector Zero is under attack by Space Pirates. Samus must boot up the generator to restore the defense systems. But at the end of her path, someone awful is waiting for her.
Characters: Samus, Dark Samus, the Galactic Federation and many new bounty hunters.
How to progress through the game: The war initiated by Dark Samus and the Space Pirates rages across many planets as they attempt to corrupt each with Phazon seeds. Players use the Wii Remote and Nunchuk to explore alien landscapes, hunt for weapons and information, and destroy the seeds. Saving the planets from Corruption isn’t enough, though. Eventually, players must take down Samus’ mortal enemy, Dark Samus.
Special powers/weapons/moves/features: Besides using the Wii Remote and Nunchuk controllers to pull off amazing feats like aiming and blasting in midair or at a full run, players also will have an array of different weapons at their disposal. In true Metroid fashion, these will become powered up as the game progresses. Not only that, but the controller will be used for a number of other game elements beyond the traditional firstperson shooter standards.