A v1.03 patch for Spore is now live, offering a couple of bug fixes and some free parts in the Creature Creator.
The design team has included 24 new exoskeleton limbs in the patch, all of which can be combined with parts from Creepy & Cute Parts pack to create new creatures.
The patch will be downloaded automatically when the game starts. It can also be downloaded manually using the EA Download Manager.
A new video detailing the cell phase of Spore has been released. The video shows the evolution of the creatures at the very basic level.
Spore is due out this September on PC, Mac and DS.
EuroGamer carries confirmation from Leipzig that a version of Spore is in development for consoles, though it won’t be released alongside the PC and DS versions. This comes straight from Maxis, the development studio itself, from behind a closed-doors meeting.
Spore comes from Sims creator Will Wright, seeing players evolving a single-celled organism into a complex creature and eventually creating an entire civilization. It’s expected to hit stores next Spring.
To satisfy the musical needs for future owners of The Sims 2: Pets, the billionth expansion pack for the ever-popular game, EA has revealed a roster of more than 25 songs that will be featured in the forthcoming title. Songs from Pussycat Dolls, Flaming Lips and Aly & AJ are present, along with a mashup of others from genres ranging from indie and hip hop to country and pop. All songs have been re-recorded in Simlish.
Below is the full track listing:
- Aly & AJ – Chemicals React – (PC and Console)
- Brazil – Candles Cast Long Shadows – (PC and Console)
- Cowboy Troy – I play Chicken with a Train – (PC and Console)
- Cut Copy – Future – (Console)
- Dena Deadly – Fortuzala – PC and Console
- The Flaming Lips – Free Radicals – (PC and Console)
- Hot Chip – Colours – (Console)
- Hot Chip – So Glad To See You – (Console)
- Isabelle Huang – Hit It – (PC and Console)
- Jessi Malay – Topsy Turvy – (PC and Console)
- Joanna J – Unthinkable – (PC and Console)
- Kristen Dex – Come On Come On – (PC and Console)
- New Amsterdams – Turn Out the Light – (PC and Console)
- Prescott – Dixie Dixie Where Have You Been All My Life – (PC and Console)
- Prescott – Hurt Nobody PC and Console
- Ralph Myerz and The Jack Herren Band – Boombox Breakdown – (Console)
- Saving Jane – Girl Next Door – (PC and Console)
- Skye Sweetnam – Boyhunter – (PC and Console)
- Something for Rockets – I Never Know – (PC and Console)
- Tanaila – Wow Wow Wow – (PC and Console)
- The Films – Black Shoes – (PC and Console)
- The Format – The Compromise – (PC and Console)
- The Netw0rk- Topy Apa Ty – (PC and Console)
- Pussycat Dolls – Don’t Cha – (PC and Console)
- Touchstone – Simpatico – (PC and Console)
- W of P3 – Aff Wubbas Doo – (PC and Console)
The Sims 2: Pets will be barking its way to stores on October 17 on the PS2, Gamecube and PC. Late October and November will see versions for the PSP, GBA and DS; a mobile version is also coming soon.