Official information on Indiana Jones 2007 (screenshots) has been revealed.
Indiana Jones returns for his most incredible interactive expedition ever. Set in 1939, this epic, original Indy story – the first from LucasArts with direction from George Lucas – puts you in the fedora of the legendary adventure hero as he unravels the clues found in ancient artifacts spanning the globe. From San Francisco’s Chinatown to the world’s most sacred ground, Indy must use his fists, whip and trusty revolver to fight through ruthless opposition and piece together a mystery of biblical proportions.
Indiana Jones 2007 debuts the revolutionary new euphoria technology from NaturalMotion, which delivers never-before-seen lifelike action and awareness to every character in real time – so you’ll never see the same thing twice. For the first time ever, euphoria enables interactive characters to move, act and even think like actual human beings, adapting their behavior on the fly and resulting in a different payoff every single time. This next-gen technology imbues Indy and his opponents with unparalleled environmental awareness and survival instincts. They’ll stumble, then attempt to maintain their balance; brace themselves for falls, then get back up; and reach for nearby ledges when falling. Each action results in an authentic, varied performance every time.
With LucasArts’ completely interactive Hot Set™ environments, every setting in Indiana Jones 2007 is open-ended and completely destructible in a way that only next-generation consoles can deliver. Use your wits and daring to make each spring-loaded environment a weapon as you dispense of foes in clever and unexpected ways. Also, embark upon thrilling chase sequences that remain true to the spirit established in scenes such as Indy’s pursuit of the motorcade in Raiders of the Lost Ark, the mine-cart scene in The Temple of Doom, and the free-for-all aboard the tank in The Last Crusade.
- This epic, original story written with direction by George Lucas – a first for Indiana Jones games – takes place during Indy’s prime in 1939, one year after the events of Indiana Jones and The Last Crusade, at a time when the Nazis are embarking upon their attempt to conquer Europe.
- Use your fists, whip and trusty revolver to take on enemies and experience a down-and-dirty fight like only Indiana Jones delivers.
- New technologies such as euphoria (a behavioral simulation engine from NaturalMotion) and Digital Molecular Matter (a breakthrough in environmental interaction by Pixelux Entertainment) combine to revolutionize the feeling of realism in a game without the limitations of traditional animation, ensuring a completely unique experience every time.
- For the first time ever, euphoria enables interactive characters – from Indiana Jones himself to the foes he pulverizes – to move, act and even think like actual human beings without canned animations dictating their movements. Characters move and adapt realistically to their given situations on the fly, resulting in a series of experiences and payoffs that will never be the same twice.
- Thanks largely to DMM, each open-ended Hot Set area allows you to interact with destructible environments that only next-generation consoles can deliver. Every encounter is a dynamic, spring-loaded scenario primed for creative destruction.
- Face off against one of Indiana’s most hated longtime rivals, reunite him with old friends, and meet more of his most trusted allies throughout the world.
- Indiana Jones 2007 is LucasArts’ first internally developed title for next-generation consoles, and it represents the first collaboration of talents and technology between LucasArts and Industrial Light & Magic, two companies now finally under one roof at the new Letterman Digital Arts Center in San Francisco’s Presidio district.
The game is being developed for the PS3 and Xbox 360 to be released next Summer. A version of the game will be developed by an external studio for the PS2, PSP and DS for release sometime next year.
With the upcoming Indy movie in the works, LucasArts has officially confirmed a next-gen Indiana Jones game, along with word that it will make use of the “revolutionary” euphoria behavioral-simulation engine from NaturalMotion. What does it do? Read for yourself.
Imagine a swaying rope bridge. With euphoria in action, characters visibly attempt to balance themselves, their feet stumbling, their arms flailing, and their hands reaching for security as the unpredictable movements of the bridge threaten to send them plummeting to their doom. Perhaps they all survive. Perhaps they all fall. The use of euphoria means the action isn’t scripted – it’s simulated – so you’ll never be able to predict exactly what will happen, no matter how many times you’ve experienced a certain scenario.
Basically, it’s the next-generation of animation and artificial intelligence. Your foes will no longer be limited by traditional animation or scripted logic – they’ll react like humans do depending on the situation. LucasArts promises that gamers who play the game will never experience the same thing twice.
Indiana Jones will debut on the PS3 and Xbox 360 sometime next year. The game will be presented at E3 within a few days.
Through a brief post, Kotaku carries word that LucasArts will unveil a next-gen Indiana Jones game at this year’s E3 (maybe to coincide with Indy 4?). The post also mentions that LEGO Star Wars II will also be shown, as well as some “surprises.”