Shacknews carries confirmation from Insomniac Games that more content for Resistance: Fall of Man is headed to the PlayStation Network soon. “We actually have some content that hasn’t been shared yet,” said Ryan Schneider, marketing director at the studio. “So I think our fans will be happy in the coming months in terms of ongoing support for Resistance.”
He also teases that a demo for Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction is also headed to the service. “We will touch the PlayStation Network somehow with the Ratchet & Clank Future franchise,” he said. However, he didn’t mention any timeframe as to when to expect the demo.
Insomniac, best known for the Ratchet & Clank franchise, has gone all serious and is working on a “gripping first-person action” game exclusive to the PS3. Check it out:
Publisher: Sony Computer Entertainment America Inc.
Developer: Insomniac Games
Genre: First Person Shooter
Players: Single player, 2-player co-op, 4-player offline split screen multiplayer and up to 32 players online
Developed by Insomniac Games, creators of the critically acclaimed Ratchet & Clank franchise, Resistance: Fall Of Man™ is a gripping first-person action game developed exclusively for the PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system. Set in a frightening, alternate 20th century reality, Resistance: Fall Of Man capitalizes on PlayStation 3’s superior processing power to deliver a thoroughly believable world that blends epic military action and unnerving horror. Utilizing its signature creative style, Insomniac Games has created a truly next-generation experience featuring smarter enemies, a wide variety of horrifying creatures, physics-based weaponry, playable vehicles and highly detailed, diverse environments. Players will be challenged online and offline as Resistance: Fall of Man delivers an engaging single player campaign, a co-operative mode and one of the most complete multiplayer offerings in a console game.
In Resistance: Fall of Man, the U.S. and Britain band together in a last-ditch effort to save Europe and Asia from a horrific scourge. In mere decades, the Chimera – a species of unknown origin propagating a virus that converts other life forms into more Chimera – has overrun Russia and all of Europe. Humanity’s hope for survival is slim, and the tide of the battle rests on the shoulders of U.S. Army Ranger, Sgt. Nathan Hale.
- Resistance: Fall of Man draws players into a deep, frightening story that rewrites the 20th century and pits the United States and Britain against a horrific species of unknown origin.
- In addition to an epic single player campaign, Resistance: Fall of Man features co-op, split screen multiplayer and highly customizable online gameplay.
- PlayStation 3’s superior power enables Resistance: Fall of Man to feature a wide variety of fluidly moving characters that exhibit more sophisticated behaviors and interact with their environments more realistically.
- Greater processing power on PlayStation 3 and Blu-ray technology enables more immersive visual and sound effects in Resistance: Fall of Man, heightening the chaos of large-scale warfare.
- A powerful rendering engine allows Resistance: Fall of Man to feature a greater variety of highly detailed and interactive environments for a console FPS experience, including large battlefields and sprawling military command centers.
- Insomniac Games has combined its passion for creating exotic weapons and vehicles with a proprietary physics system to create a unique human and alien arsenal.