Tagged: destroy all humans
Destroy All Humans Destroys Composer
In more music news, film, television and video game composer Garry Schyman has created the original music score for Destroy All Humans: Path of the Furons, the latest installment in the human-probing series. The game is set in the ‘70s and the score is inspired by music styles from that era, including classic film scores by Lalo Schifrin, Jerry Goldsmith and Roy Budd. It was recorded with a live symphony orchestra as well as a brass band, flute soloist and more.
“The idea for DAH3 was to continue the approach set in DAH1 and DAH2 as though I was a film composer writing in that period,” said Garry Schyman. “Of course wah wah guitar is slathered throughout because it was so ubiquitous and influential. Personally this is my favorite of the three DAH scores. I love this style of music!”
The game is due out next month on Xbox 360.
The studio behind Mercenaries and the Destroy All Humans series, Pandemic Studios, has added a second development team at its Brisbane, Australia studios. They attribute this expansion to the success of Destroy All Humans 2 which is the sequel to one of the best-selling console games of 2005.
“Pandemic’s Brisbane studio has enjoyed great success with the Destroy All Humans! series and we are excited to build on our tremendous base of Australian talent with the addition of a second team,” said Josh Resnick, president of Pandemic Studios. “With the release of Destroy All Humans! 2, our Brisbane studio is now turning its attention to the development of brand new titles for next-generation gaming systems.”
Destroy All Humans! 2 Details
Announced some time back, here’s details on Destroy All Humans! 2, the upcoming sequel to the world-domination title from Pandemic.
Sequel to the widely acclaimed hit – Destroy All Humans! 2 irreverent Sci-Fi action gaming experience enters the swinging sixties with all new game features, expanded open-world gameplay and co-op multiplayer. Crypto returns to take on the world of free love, the Cold War and other 60’s era clichés, causing destruction around the globe with an upgraded arsenal of alien weaponry and enhanced mental abilities – battling a variety of enemies from secret agents and giant creatures, to Soviet Forces and ninja warriors.
- Play As The Alien – Destroy All Humans! 2 turns the tables on traditional sci-fi action games allowing gamers to play as the Alien and take on the most feared enemy in the galaxy – mankind
- Unleash Massive Destruction – Players have total freedom to destroy anything and manipulate everything in the world – battling enemies with an explosive arsenal of alien weaponry, or wreak havoc from above in their Jetpack or UFO
- Probe the World – Explore 5 open-world game environments – from Bay City, to Albion, to Takoshima Island and more. Start new story missions without returning to the Mothership or explore the open world with a huge variety of side missions relevant to the game’s storyline
- Co-Op Multiplayer – Team up with another player and Destroy All Humans together via split-screen Co-Op Game mode. Play through the entire single player game together or replay missions already completed. Plus, play in special two player mini games throughout the game like PK Tennis and more
- New Weapons, Mental Abilities and Upgrades – Take on the world with enhanced alien weaponry, including the all new Meteor Strike, and Disclocator, or utilize your mental abilities with old and new favorites like PK, Cortex Scan, Transmogrify and Mind Flash. Upgrade your weapons and abilities or purchase new ones through the Abduction Vault on the Mothership.
Irreverent Personality – Enjoy sidesplitting humor lampooning humanity and parodying the hallmarks of the sixties: free love, counter culture, the space race, spy movies, the cold war, and hippies
Proven Developer – Developed by Pandemic Studios creators of critically acclaimed games Full Spectrum Warrior, Mercenaries and Star Wars Battlefront.
Destroy All Humans… Again!
Leaked reports from alien civilization better known as the Furons suggest that Destroy All Humans! 2 is in the works. Pandemic Studios is at it once again, bringing the smartass alien Crypton 137 to Earth in a bid to destroy all humans… once again.
Announced for the PS2 and Xbox, the sequel will retain the original’s smart sense of humor and will take the player back to the swingin’ sixties – the time of free love, the Cold War and other era icons. Players will have access to an upgraded arsenal of weapons and enhanced mental abilities to battle the mass of humans, including a variety of new enemies from secret agents and giant creatures to Soviet Forces and ninja warriors. They are also adding multiplayer co-op, five new open worlds to explore and the “irreverent” humor which made the original so enjoyable.
No release date was mentioned, but the game will be on display at E3 and first details and screenshots can be expected then.
Ten Hammers Gets Soundtrack
As announced by THQ, Gary Schyman has created the original score for Full Spectrum Warrior: Ten Hammers, the upcoming installment in the series. The composer behind Destroy All Humans!, Schyman has blended Middle Eastern instrumentation with additional orchestral sounds for the soundtrack. It has been recorded with Hollywood’s leading Arabic instrumentalists and vocalists.
Full Spectrum Warrior: Ten Hammers, the next in the military shooter series, will be released for the PS2, Xbox and PC on March 27.