At its financial call, Midway revealed plans for two “ambitious open world games” and to debut Mortal Kombat and Blitz on “next generation” hardware.
“Looking ahead to 2008, with our core technology platform now in place, we expect to release a number of titles,” said company CEO David Zucker. “We also expect to release several as-yet unannounced titles such as next generation versions of our hit franchises Blitz and Mortal Kombat, and two exciting new ambitious open world games. We intend to give more details on our 2008 release schedule in the near future.”
Additionally, the company announced that the PS3 version of BlackSite: Area 51 has been delayed. No reason was given, however, it’s a slight delay as the PS3 version will ship approximately three weeks after the PC and Xbox 360 versions hit stores on November 5.
Interestingly, at the conference, Zucker said that the company expects to sell 1.5 million copies of John Woo’s Stranglehold, which hit PC and Xbox 360 recently, with a PS3 version on the way. The game was powered by Unreal Engine 3, which Midway developed toolsets around that has given its internal studios a “solid foundation” going forward, said Zucker.
Confirmation comes from EA that Need for Speed: Carbon and Madden NFL 07 will be launching alongside the Wii on November 19. However, former launch title Blitz: The League by Midway has lost its status. No new release date was given, but it is known that the game will not be a launch title for the Nintendo console next month.
Midway has unveiled its full lineup for this E3 the company will showcase the following titles at its booth (#4001, Petree Hall):
- Stranglehold (PS3, Xbox 360, PC)
- Unreal Tournament 2007 (PC, PS3)
- Blitz: The League (Xbox 360, Wii, PSP)
- Mortal Kombat: Armageddon (PS2, Xbox)
- Spy Hunter: Nowhere to Run (PS2, Xbox)
- The Lord of the Rings Online: Shadows of Angmar (PC)
- Rise & Fall: Civilizations at War (PC)
- Happy Feet (PS2, GameCube, Wii, GBA, DS, PC)
- The Ant Bully (PS2, GameCube, GBA, PC)
- The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy (PS2, GameCube, GBA)
- MLB SlugFest 2006 (PS2, Xbox)
- RUSH (PSP)
- Mortal Kombat: Unchained (PSP)
- NBA Ballers: Rebound (PSP)
Further information after the jump.