New patches for various language editions of Age of Empires III are now available, updating the game to v1.12. The update offers balance changes, bug fixes and custom online scenario support for multiplayer games. Grab the patch from Ensemble Studios, who also offers a v1.04 update for The Warchiefs expansion pack.
Microsoft Game Studios and Ensemble are going to release Age of Empires III: Gold Edition on September 25 in North America. It will retail for $40 and will include the full game and The Warchiefs expansion.
Grab them while they are still hot:
- Age of Empires III v1.07 on the Official Website
- Battlefield 2 v1.3 (full patch only) on 3D Downloads, 3D Gamers, Computer Games, FileFront, GameGuru Mania, Gamer’s Hell, Internode Games Network, The Patches Scrolls, Strategy Informer, VGPRO and Worthplaying
- Flashpoint: Germany v1.11 on Matrix Games
- Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines on v2.3 on 3D Gamers
Details of the upcoming Age of Empires III expansion.
Age of Empires III: The WarChiefs
Title: “Age of Empires® III: The WarChiefs”
Publisher: Microsoft Game Studios
Developer: Ensemble Studios
Format: CD-ROM for Microsoft® Windows®
ESRB Rating: Pending
Availability: Fall 2006
“Age of Empires III: The WarChiefs” is the new expansion pack for the best-selling real-time strategy (RTS) title of 2005*: “Age of Empires III” from Ensemble Studios and Microsoft Game Studios. “Age of Empires III: The WarChiefs” will engage gamers of all ages and types in epic warfare in the Americas, where they will lead proud, playable native civilizations to expand their empire and fight for control of the Americas.
“Age of Empires III: The WarChiefs” is the latest installment in the award-winning “Age of Empires” franchise and continues Ensemble’s stellar track record of delivering innovative RTS games experiences.
- Playable Native American civilizations. Lead one of three proud Native American civilizations, including the Iroquois Confederacy and the Sioux Nation, to expand their empires and fight for control of the Americas. Each Native American civilization will have its own unique units, led by the powerful WarChief unit, buildings reflecting each culture’s architectural style, and a distinct approach to its Home City feature.
- Gripping new single-player campaign. “Age of Empires: The WarChiefs” will introduce a new single-player campaign that continues the saga from “Age of Empires III.” Play through 15 new missions with a rich story and a cast of characters that interact with real historic figures and events.
- Enhancements to European civilizations. The expansion pack will also provide exciting additions to existing European civilizations, with new Home City content, new units including new mercenaries, and new ways to look at your card deck.
- Extended gameplay. Experience more of everything, including new random maps of unique locations in the Americas not featured in the original “Age of Empires III,” additional native allies and units, more statistics tracking, and new ways to play.
A product section for the recently announced Age of Empires expansion has gone live, revealing the title: The Warchiefs. Focusing on the Native Americans this time, the expansion will feature new civilizations, units, and much more new content.
The page offers some details on the expansion, talking about how they got the Native Americans into the game; some fresh screenshots are on hand.
Expansions for Zoo Tycoon weren’t enough – Microsoft Game Studios and Ensemble Studios also announced plans for an expansion pack for Age of Empires III. Due in stores this Fall, the expansion will provide new ways to play and win, new gameplay elements and content including new civilizations, a new single player campaign, Home City enhancements and additional maps and units. Additional content will also be added to the European civilizations as well.